Thursday, August 04, 2005

Life is short

Not Politics or Sport, but I need to post on this.

Yesterday I went to a funeral. It was for oe of my best mates little sisters who passed away from cancer. It has shown me yet again that life is short and we have to live for today, diseases like cancer don't differentiate between ages and they don't pick between good people and others, they can take anyone at anytime. The strength of a person really shows in these times.

The funeral was a great celebration of her life and showed how much people really care, it has taught me a few things. No matter what happens in life you have to be strong, you have to live for today and the rest will take care of itself, and most importantly your friends are the ones that will be there for you through the hard times, no matter what happens you can't lose contact with these people.

No matter what happens your friends will be there for you and will be strong for you, even if you can't be for yourself.

I have also realised that a funeral is about a celebration of life and a way to share memories that you have. It is also about supporting each other and being there.

So always live life to the full, love your friends and don't lose contact.

Carpe Diem

Jono

Comments:
yes I agree friends are very important and I am glad you had yours around you ;(
 
Always good advice, and always timely. Indeed, time is of the essence.

Live well.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?