Thursday, August 11, 2005

I wonder

I wonder if Peter Dunne will find a way to bring this up in the leaders debate tonight?? Transmisson Gully is a huge standing point for him especially in his home electorate of Ohairu-Belmont, I live in the middle of Johnsonville, and I know that a lot of the reason United Future gets back each time is because of the votes in this electorate. To start with this is the electorate that continues to put Peter Dunne in Parliament, secondly his party gets nearly double their overall support in this electorate, last election United recieved 13% in the electorate compared to 7% across the country.

There are several reasons for this support, one is he has done a lot for this electorate, saving fire stations etc, but that is more the job of a councillor isn't it, he has achieved a lot for the people and he is always out and about in the community which must help him, and also noone really puts a good candidate against him, last time we had an ex cop from National and Labour put up some random, who could've been puled off the streets I heard nothing about her. This even though Labour was in the middle of their paint Wellington red campaign.

This election I only know of two candidates so far for Ohairu Belmont, they are Peter Dunne and Heather Roy, I have had more leaflets from Blumsky than from any candidates in this electorate. This is confusing for me and I am sure it doesn't help those out there with less knowledge of the politics around at the moment.

Heather Roy for Ohairu-Belmont 2005

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?