Sunday, July 17, 2005

Let's talk MMP

In my real life as a lawyer, I get to deal with people in business. Some of these people want to set up companies with fellow business mates, and some want to establish joint venture companies. Before they make these serious decisions they all come to me (and my boss!) with a plan, they have talked about their plans and they have strategised on how they can make an impact in the market. In essence, they talk beforehand to limit/avoid mess afterwards.

Yet, in MMP our parties seem to be doing the exact opposite. They all seem to avoid talking beforehand at all costs, when some of them could clearly benefit from some planning, strategising and mutual cooperation.

MMP is all about collaberation. It is a deal making system. I find it difficult to understand why the parties leave it until after they have spent their money to talk with their 'friends'. That seems bizzare.

I realise politics is politics and difficult to equate with business. But the analogy is the same. Unless ACT and National sit down NOW and talk about how they can govern in 9 weeks time, we will have a left wing government.

I have said this before, National has one certain coalition option, ACT. Labour has 5! Come on guys. Bury the hatchets and put Labour/NZ First/Greens/Jim Andertonovich to bed. Now!

Comments:
Scarily I have to agree, unless National and ACT sit down and decide to work together we are very likely to have another Labour led government and another three years of Stupidity, which will gut me completely and I know this is my last chance living in NZ for a while to have a better government....In my memory I struggle to think back to one I liked...If I tried I might find one, but 96, 99, 02 have disappointed me so much, lets work together hold hands, kiss and make up...We need this for the betterment of our country
 
Yhese comments make some of the recent parliamentary antics look somewhat ridiculous. I feel the bridges were burnt some time ago, especially when the Dorothy Dixer was asked in Parliament.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?