Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Election date

Jono, I'll see your election date post and trump it with this.

I like the last sentence. The fact Dr Don wants an election sooner rather than later can only confirm one thing can't it. It will be as late as possible.

National wants to take advantage of their billboard campaign and good recent poll results. Labour will see value in doing nothing yet, sitting back knowing exactly how to time their run based on a date only they know of.

September 24 is looking good. And by that time people will be heartily sick and tired of hearing about National's tax cuts. The reality is the public only tune in about two weeks out. A long way to go before we get to that time.

Comments:
I agree, I think a confirmed date is a good idea, unless there is a reason for an early election, I don't think they should be able to go early
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?