Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Kelleher to the Crusaders

The Dominion Post has a story this morning stating that Byron Kelleher has bought land in Christchurch. This of course leads to the rumor that he will be heading to the Crusaders and Cantebury next season as his contract with Waikato ends this year, and of course they will be looking for a high quality halfback after the loss of Justin Marshall. I think this could be possible, but I think that this constant flow of players to certain areas just because they are winning at the time is very bad for New Zealand Rugby. I think that something really needs to be done to fix this problem, the Salary cap on Premier Division may help this, but of course there is still the fact that players can always head to a smaller province within the area and play for the Super 12 team. I think Byron should stay with the Chiefs, I don't want to see him in a Red and Black jersey and I'm sure there are a lot of people who would agree.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?