Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Cameron Brown

This guy is one of my favourite sportsmen.

Believe me, the distances involved in the Ironman triathon are scary. Brown does them religiously every year, year in, year out. He never complains, unlike some patsy All Blacks. He loves his sport and his life. He is a true professional and I truly hope he wins Kona this year. He deserves it.

He has worked really hard with Mark Bone (I think) on his swimming and also with Brendan Cameron (Sarah Ulmer's boyfriend & coach) on his cycling. He always was an outstanding runner. The results are bearing fruit.

This is a very prestigious event. He has beaten a world class field. He doesn't have long left if he is to win Kona, and I predict, barring injury or bad luck, he could well be in top 3 again this year and could even win. If so, it will be vastly under-reported here, but I for one will acknowledge it.

Comments:
I’m looking forward to Cameron’s outing at the German Ironman which must be soon. He’s been 2nd there for the last two years.
He looks to be in good form considering his effort at Ironman NZ to break his own race record.
I agree about the coverage as well although I think it has improved in the last couple of years.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?