Sunday, June 12, 2005

ACT List

I belatedly decided a few weeks ago to put my name forward for ACT this year. I thought about it last election but had too much on then (not like now is any different!).

Anyhow, I have done it and went to the all day selection process a few weekends ago.

ACT has put all new candidates at 31 on the list, so there I am at 31 with all the other 'newbies'. Suffice to say my current job is not under threat. I am really looking forward to hitting the hustings in any event. The centre right can certainly win this election and I think they will. ACT will be there. It's just a matter of how many of them. I can't answer this question except to say there won't be 31.

Comments:
Jolly good on you for having a go. Hope you have lots of sport at the expense of Labour.
 
I intend to Adolf. If you live on the Shore (as I think you might?) you might like to come to some of the candidate debates. Keep an eye out for them. There is plenty to shame Labour on.
 
Great stuff Gooner. A good chance to learn the ropes and see how things go. There's always the next election after that, where this stuff now will undoutedly prove valuable.

Have fun.
 
Oh, and anything you can do to get the party vote up could be critical. No pressure though.
 
Thanks Zen. I look at it like you do, as an apprenticeship sort of. And yes, I am fully aware of the vote situation. Suffice to say I will be keeping my mouth shut unless I have something decent to say! I just can't stand back any longer and watch crap welfare, health, police, education and increased taxes to boot!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?